One of three separate Power of 4 races - a premier endurance series in the Aspen Snowmass mountains.”
— Tom Robson
Featured Race Aug 5, 2017
To ensure racer safety we will have two cut-off times and locations. The first cut-off will be at Noon at Tiehack parking lot. The second will be at 1:30pm at the top of the Congo
Normal Mountain Operations:
We ask each racer to keep in mind that Snowmass and Aspen Mountain will be open to guests as usual starting at 10am. Also, Government Trail
is open to the general public on race day so please be respectful of the general public on the trails.
This unique point-to-point mountain bike race combines single and doubletrack trails across the four ski areas of Aspen Snowmass (Snowmass, Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands and Aspen Mountain) into one amazing course with almost 9,000' of vertical gain/loss. The diversity of the terrain and tackling our four distinct mountains has placed this race in a category all its own. The race has become a local classic with storied finishes in each of the first five years.
New for 2015, participants will have the option of racing a shorter course (17-miles) that covers the first two mountains of the full route, Snowmass and Buttermilk, including the famed Government Trail
- Stay on the designated trails; no shortcutting switchbacks. Those attempting to take short-cuts will be disqualified and publicly shamed.
- Headphones are permitted, but please be respectful when entering aid stations and crossing other trails/roads. Be aware that the trails are open to the public and, in spots, cross other trails that may include cyclist, runners, hikers, etc. Please rock-out responsibly.
- NO LITTERING! This includes tossing your used water bottles. We have trash cans and recycle bins at each aid station, you may leave used water bottles there. Just because it's a race doesn't mean you get to forget your manners and dirty our back yard.
- There is a cut-off at noon at the Tiehack Aid Station and another at 1:30pm at the top of the Congo Trail.
- If you choose to drop out please alert the nearest aid station personnel. We do not want to worry your emergency contact person!
- If you must relieve yourself, please use a bathroom (available at the top of Aspen Mtn, Tiehack, Elk Camp Restaurant) or discretion...
Online Registration will open on Jan 14th at 10am MST. There will not be day of registration.
All racers check-in on Friday July 31 @ Aspen Mountain (4-7pm).
Need to Know
Each racer will be allowed to deposit one dry bag at the start that will be shuttled to the finish line for pick-up. (Note: in an effort to reduce waste we will not provide a dry bag, please bring your own).
The course will be marked with red/white striped tape and directional signage.
Each Aid Station will have water, Red Bull, Clif Bars, Clif Shot Gel, Coke, candy and other snacks to keep you fueled. Aid stations will be place at the following locations:
- Government gate on Elk Camp work road (6.12 Miles from start)
- Tiehack Parking Lot (12.62 Miles from start)
- Intersection of Midnight Mine Road and Castle Creek Road (19.17 Miles from start)
- Midnight Mine Road (25 Miles from start)
There will be other locations along the course with limited resources available (water). You should plan to be able to make it from aid station to station without additional support.
- Start in Base Village (at the base of the Village Express lift in Snowmass)
- Ride up Fanny Hill road and follow right before Coney Glade lift
- Turn left onto Village Bound trail above Water Plant Building
- Follow Village Bound trail uphill until it ends on work road
- Continue on Sams Knob road through tunnel
- Turn left onto Cross Mountain trail before Ullrhof Restaurant
- Stay on Cross Mountain trail to right hand turn on Expresso Trail
- Follow Expresso Trail to Elk Camp Summer Road
- Turn right on Elk Camp Summer Road and follow up to Vapor Trail
- Descend Vapor Trail to Elk Camp Restaurant
- Turn left and ride around restaurant to Easy Rider Trail
- Descend Easy Rider Trail past Cross Mountain trail and down to Government Trail
- Government Trail to Buttermilk
- Government Trail to base of Tiehack
- **Finish line for Power of Two
- Tiehack parking lot to base of Highlands via the ARC bridge and up the bike path to the base of Aspen Highlands
- Aspen Highlands Summer Road up to the Congo Trail (Congo Trail starts at the base of I70 ski run)
- Congo Trail down to Castle Creek Road
- Castle Creek Road to Midnight Mine Road
- Midnight Mine Road to Sundeck
- East Rim Trail
- East Rim Trail to Scottys Trail
- Finish line in front of Ajax Tavern at the base of Aspen Mountain