To ensure racer safety we will have two cut-off times and locations. The first cut-off will be at Noon at Tiehack parking lot. The second will be at 1:30pm at the top of the Congo
Normal Mountain Operations:
We ask each racer to keep in mind that Snowmass and Aspen Mountain will be open to guests as usual starting at 10am. Also, Government Trail
is open to the general public on race day so please be respectful of the general public on the trails.
This unique point-to-point mountain bike race combines single and doubletrack trails across the four ski areas of Aspen Snowmass (Snowmass, Buttermilk, Aspen Highlands and Aspen Mountain) into one amazing course with almost 9,000' of vertical gain/loss. The diversity of the terrain and tackling our four distinct mountains has placed this race in a category all its own. The race has become a local classic with storied finishes in each of the first five years.
New for 2015, participants will have the option of racing a shorter course (17-miles) that covers the first two mountains of the full route, Snowmass and Buttermilk, including the famed Government Trail
- Stay on the designated trails; no shortcutting switchbacks. Those attempting to take short-cuts will be disqualified and publicly shamed.
- Headphones are permitted, but please be respectful when entering aid stations and crossing other trails/roads. Be aware that the trails are open to the public and, in spots, cross other trails that may include cyclist, runners, hikers, etc. Please rock-out responsibly.
- NO LITTERING! This includes tossing your used water bottles. We have trash cans and recycle bins at each aid station, you may leave used water bottles there. Just because it's a race doesn't mean you get to forget your manners and dirty our back yard.
- There is a cut-off at noon at the Tiehack Aid Station and another at 1:30pm at the top of the Congo Trail.
- If you choose to drop out please alert the nearest aid station personnel. We do not want to worry your emergency contact person!
- If you must relieve yourself, please use a bathroom (available at the top of Aspen Mtn, Tiehack, Elk Camp Restaurant) or discretion...
Online Registration will open on Jan 14th at 10am MST. There will not be day of registration.
All racers check-in on Friday July 31 @ Aspen Mountain (4-7pm).
Each racer will be allowed to deposit one dry bag at the start that will be shuttled to the finish line for pick-up. (Note: in an effort to reduce waste we will not provide a dry bag, please bring your own).
The course will be marked with red/white striped tape and directional signage.
Each Aid Station will have water, Red Bull, Clif Bars, Clif Shot Gel, Coke, candy and other snacks to keep you fueled. Aid stations will be place at the following locations:
- Government gate on Elk Camp work road (6.12 Miles from start)
- Tiehack Parking Lot (12.62 Miles from start)
- Intersection of Midnight Mine Road and Castle Creek Road (19.17 Miles from start)
- Midnight Mine Road (25 Miles from start)
There will be other locations along the course with limited resources available (water). You should plan to be able to make it from aid station to station without additional support.