11/20 UPDATE - With the addition of some Sunday hunting, ALL segments are also CLOSED during posted hunting seasons, generally 11/15 thru 12/31, INCLUDING ALL Sundays. Please respect these closures.
Need to Know
Only Class 1 eBikes permitted on all Quemahoning Trails.
North end - Haines/Green Bridge intersection
South end - immediately west of Green Bridge Rd/Slagle Hill Rd intersection
The overall Quemahoning (Que) Trail forms a 16-mile loop around the Quemahoning Reservoir with multiple access points. This is broken into multiple listings, split by road interruptions or access points, to provide shorter, section-specific descriptions. Descriptions are counterclockwise. Trail entrances and road crossings are marked by yellow arrows on brown posts. All segments are non-motorized and non-equestrian.
• This section extends from Haines Road to Slagle Hill Road
• No direct parking access at either end of this section.
• Trail begins on the lake side of the Green Bridge Rd/Haines Rd intersection.
• First 0.4 mi meanders along the lake side of the road
• Trail crosses Green Bridge Road at a gated service road at the west end of an agricultural field.
• Trail then follows the top of the lip between the field and the road
• This direction includes a climb of about 120 in just under a mile followed by an equal descent in just over half a mile. Be prepared for the first of two switchbacks on the descent.
• Couple of power line crossings and a few spots of steep sidehill exposure.
• Trail dumps out onto Slagle Hill Road immediately south of Green Bridge Road. Be alert for traffic. The is a slightly higher traffic road with drivers watching more other traffic approaching a one-lane bridge than for bikers.
• To continue, follow Slagle Hill Road across the bridge for about 0.1 mile. The SE section angles off to the left.
Shared By: LHORBA MTB