2019 Fools Gold 50
ElevationAscent: 7,329' 2,234 m
Descent: -7,297' -2,224 m
High: 3,289' 1,003 m
Low: 1,445' 440 m
GradeAvg Grade: 5% (3°)
Max Grade: 50% (26°)
Popular rides nearby
20.2 mi 32.5 km • Loop • 2,635 ft Ascent 803.09 m Ascent
Bull and Jake Mountain - IMBA EPIC
25.2 mi 40.6 km • Loop • 2,859 ft Ascent 871.57 m Ascent
10.3 mi 16.6 km • Out and Back • 474 ft Ascent 144.5 m Ascent
Chicopee Woods Intermediate Loop
18.4 mi 29.7 km • Loop • 1,561 ft Ascent 475.66 m Ascent
11.3 mi 18.1 km • Loop • 693 ft Ascent 211.12 m Ascent
Singlespeed Smackdown Deuce 2019
39.7 mi 64.0 km • Loop • 5,456 ft Ascent 1662.95 m Ascent
Navigate on-trail with our free app
“Mix of gravel and singletrack at Jake and Bull Mountain used for the 2018 Fools Gold race.”— Kevin Hall
Featured Race - Sep 14, 2019
Starts at Montaluce Winery, 946 Via Montaluce, Dahlonega, GA 30533.
NOTE: Exact start/finish location may be changed by the race director.
1. Leave Montaluce Winery and head north on Hightower Church Road all the way to Camp Merrill (Rangers Lead the Way!)
2. From Camp Merrill, take Cooper Gap Road FS80 all the way to Coopers Gap. At Coopers Gap, go left.
3. Ride Appalachian Gap Rd. To Winding Stair Gap Road FS77.
4. Descent Winding Stair Gap Road FS77 to Turner Creek. Go right onto Turner Creek.
5. Ride Turner Creek across the dam and take a right at the four way intersection onto Bull Mountain Cutoff Trail (223D).
6. Go left onto Bare Hare and climb to the top of Bull Mountain.
7. Descend on Bull Mountain back to the four way intersection and go right onto Bull Mountain Connector.
8. At the Jake Mountain parking lot, continue onto Jake Mountain trail.
9. Go right onto Black Branch.
10. Go right onto FS28-1.
11. Rejoin Hightower Church road and go right. Return to Montaluce Winery.
Biked this trail?
We need help with the following missing trail information:
Family Friendly, ADA Accessible, Need to Know, Dogs Allowed, Features, Electic Mountain Bikes Allowed, History & Background