Capitol Reef National Park
9 mi 14 km of trail — 0 Featured Rides
Rising out of the arid desert of southern Utah, Capitol Reef National Park is sure to capture the imagination. Formed through millions of years of geologic processes, the park highlights spectacular sandstone formations, living cryptobiotic soils, and a textbook example of a massive monocline. The Waterpocket Fold is now home to specialized desert plant and animal species in addition to the desert landscapes that are protected within the park. Skyscraping spires, winding canyons, colorful cliffs, and massive domes and arches all make Capitol Reef a one of a kind destination.
To learn more about Capitol Reef, visit www.nps.gov.
Fees & Passes:
- Private Vehicle: $10 for 7 days
- Motorcycles: $10 for 7 days
- Per Person: $7 for 7 days
- Capitol Reef Annual Pass: $30 per year
- Purchase an annual pass for all national parks sites, $80
To learn more about park fees, click here.
Camping & Lodging
- Fruita Campground: $20 per site, per night. Open year round. Potable water is available.
- Cathedral Valley Campground: No fee. Open year round. No potable water available.
- Cedar Mesa Campground: No fee. Open year round. No potable water available.
Backcountry camping is also available, free of charge. A permit must be obtained from the visitor center during normal business hours. More information on camping in the park, can be found here.
Food & Drink
Trails in Capitol Reef National Park - 2
MTB Project is built by riders like you. Add Your Trails
Photos of Capitol Reef National Park - 3
MTB Project is built by riders like you. Add Your Photos