3/21 - significant trail washout at 0.34 mi. Trail segment may be closed. Use road section between beginning and 0.75 mi crossing
11/20 UPDATE - With the addition of some Sunday hunting, ALL segments are also CLOSED during posted hunting seasons, generally 11/15 thru 12/31, INCLUDING ALL Sundays. Please respect these closures.
Need to Know
Only Class 1 eBikes permitted on all Quemahoning Trails.
North end - behind end of guiderail SW side of Plank Rd bridge
South end - outside of curve on Que Dam Rd, N of single lane bridge between Conemaugh Twp and Jerome Sportsmans parking
The overall Quemahoning (Que) Trail forms a 16-mile loop around the Quemahoning Reservoir with multiple access points. This is broken into multiple listings, split by road interruptions or access points, to provide shorter, section-specific descriptions. Descriptions are counterclockwise. Trail entrances and road crossings are marked by yellow arrows on brown posts. All segments are non-motorized and non-equestrian.
• This section extends from the Plank/Quemahoning Dam Road intersection to the Jerome Sportsman's parking lot
• Parking is available along Que Dam Road across from the cemetery or near the Conemaugh Twp lot at the other end of this section.
• The trail starts at the end of the guiderail on the upstream, Que Dam Road side of the Plank Road bridge. It then cuts behind the small pocket of woods and the white fenced cemetery, from the 1800's, before popping out onto the road to cross the stream using the one-lane Que Dam Road bridge. Unless you are doing the whole loop, you probably won't ride this short piece.
• Otherwise, continuing counterclockwise, the trail drops off to the left again once you cross the one-lane bridge.
• The trail meanders along Quemahoning Creek below its outlet from the dam before climbing the adjacent roadway embankment to Que Dam Road.
• Coming out from behind the guiderail, the trail crosses the road at a very flat angle before beginning the climb to behind the caretaker's house.
• A half mile rocky gradual downhill follows the crest of the hill before smoothing out for the rest of this section.
• The Conemaugh Township parking is just beyond the Lemons Road crossing.
• This segment continues out the back of the parking area and drops down to Que Dam Road at a one land bridge. The next section begins on the far-right side of the bridge.
Shared By: LHORBA MTB