“A great ride through the vast majority of the flat yet fun twisty trails in Poland Municipal Forest.”
— Scott Danish
Relatively flat minimally technical singletrack that's great for beginners, with some gravel doubletrack for the real beginners.
On the whole, this ride is very flat in nature, which means you are pedaling the entire time with no rest. This makes Poland Municipal Forest different than other areas where climbing/descending is more the norm.
Please ride only on official trails with blue blazes shown on the Forest maps. Maps are available at entrance kiosks and at Poland Village Hall.
Need to Know
Look for the following bridge crossings:
- Suspension bridge crossing at mile 0.1
- Bridge crossing at mile 1.2
- Creek crossing at mile 1.8
- Upward ramped wooden bridge at mile 2.7
- Narrow step up railroad ties over swamp at mile 4.3
- Suspension bridge crossing at mile 4.7
- Bridge crossing at mile 6.2
- Bridge crossing at mile 6.6
History & Background
There are lots of bridges and boards over wet areas in the park that were put there in the past by local boy scout troops. This makes the area quite unique.