This is one of the best mountain bike trails for accessing Las Trampas park. It's a steady and hard climb but a good deal of it is on paved road.
- Start at Alamo Starbucks/Ace Hardware parking lot and proceed up Las Trampas Road.
- At about 1.25 miles, you'll run into a gate for a gated community. Go around the gate, the EBRPD has an easement for hikers and bikers to use the private road to access the park.
- At about 1.75 miles take the first right (there is a small EBRPD sign) and go about 100 ft to get to the dirt access road.
- Proceed onto the fire road. After a steep downhill there is a very steep uphill (we call it the elevator).
- Continue climbing, pass another gate (the actual entrance to the park), continue climbing until you T into the Madrone trail.
- Go right to access Las Trampas Peak. or, go left to follow the Madrone to Camille Ave or the Eugene O'Neill National Historic Site.