This Featured Ride combines the best intermediate singletracks for a great loop at Circuits Frontires.
This is great medium length tour of Circuits Frontires. It's mostly fast and flowing so it's perfect for intermediate riders with good cardio.
This ride starts at the main trailhead behind the church. The loop starts with some scenic doubletrack and then hits the nice flowing and fast beginner trails. The middle part of the loop is on more technical trails but still fast and flowing. The final part of the loop is narrower, more technical singletrack and the grand finale is on the best trail of the network: Bobine
is a crazy fast, flowing descent with many switchback turns.
Here's the sequence of trails used for this ride:
- A gradual climb on doubletrack starting from the main street (rue principale) to reach the base of the Bobine (21)
- This trail starts from the top of the Terminus
trail and the bottom of the Bobine
. It descends old school style on a doubletrack to reach the Chemin des Cotes. Use this trail to climb up to the houle parking lot using the chemin des ctes instead of the harder and steeper Bobine
Chemin des ctes (short road section)
Monte Pittoresque - This easy climb starts on a open trail and then traverse a old christmas tree plantation before reaching the bobine trails where you can turn left to reach the rest of the network. Since the switchback of the Bobine
trail is now 1-way only, this is the official way to start.
- This signature trail of Circuits Frontires is an incredible and flowy descent. You'll just ride a short portion of the trail before turning left on Aiguille
, but you'll ride the rest towards the end of the loop.
- Swoopy and easy singletrack that winds its way through a dreamy fir forest.
Hritage - A flowy intermediate trail with many long wooden bridges.
Tilly's turnpike (road section)
- Chainon Manquant
means Missing Link. It's the connector trail that links the trails on the Mount Hereford mountain and the trails below. It's a screaming fast trail with a very short up that you can fly over if you're going fast enough.
- The first singletrack to have been built at Circuits Frontires is a narrow and technical hand build trail. The trail winds between fir at first and then through birch and maple.
- Sister trail of Quartz CDN
- the final blast on this signature trail, back down to Terminus
, where you started.