Darling Hill Loop
ElevationAscent: 1,538' 469 m
Descent: -1,534' -468 m
High: 1,129' 344 m
Low: 782' 238 m
GradeAvg Grade: 4% (2°)
Max Grade: 19% (11°)
Popular rides nearby
“A nice introduction to the Kingdom Trails Darling Hill side in East Burke.”— Logan Watts
Electric Mountain Bikes Unknown
Need to Know
The trail starts out on the Wooded 'Herbs' trail where you climb through the loamy and beautiful forest to a high meadow. Here is the rest of the route, turn-by-turn:
- Herbs to 'Sugarhouse Run'
- Follow Sugarhouse Run and take a left on the quick up and down 'Beat Bog'
- Right on 'Vast' then onto 'Leatherwood'
- From the flowey 'Leatherwood' take a right and get back on 'Vast'
- Take a quick left on the fun 'East Branch' where some wooded switchbacks and a couple of ladder-bridges await
- Follow 'East Branch' all the way around by the river to 'Easy Out'
- Take a right, then take a right on 'Vast'
- Stay on 'Vast' for 1,000 ft or so and take a left on 'Bill Magill'
- 'Bill Magill' will lead you out of the woods to a large pasture where you'll climb and take a left on 'Heaven's Bench'. Take a break, check out the awesome Vermont views, then start the descent with a right on 'Ridge'
- From 'Ridge' take a right on 'Sugar Hill' where you'll follow all the way back to 'Vast'
- 'Vast' will take you across the road where you'll hang a right on 'Old Web's'
- 'Old Web's' will go from a quick traverse to a fast downhill that will spill you out by the snack stand that operates on weekends.
- Take a right, then a quick left on 'Hog Back'; this will get you to the one-way run called 'Sidewinder'
- 'Sidewinder' is a legendary huge, flowing trail that is in a gully and is a fast up and down, hair-raising wall-ride.
- Once you come out grinning, take a left and climb West Bench.
- From there you'll take 'Violet's Outback' to 'Fox Run' on the right, then a left on 'Bemis' along the ridge.
- From 'Bemis' drop in on the left to 'Tap 'n Die', an awesome downhill with berms, and a nice up and down gully.
- Then take a right on 'RIver Run', a right on 'River Walk' and climb back to the ridge at 'Loop'
- 'Loop' will take you out to the exit at the Wildflower Inn and Farm
- Take the East Darling Hill Road down the hill where you'll re-enter the trails at 'Sugarhouse Run'
- Take a left on 'Kitchel' and get ready to fly. Kitchel is a fun machine built berm playground that makes a nice finale to the loop.