MTB Project Logo

Camp Horizon

loading
Zoom in to see details
Map Key

Overview

You won't believe you are in Kansas! Approximately 63 miles from Wichita, the course loop is approximately 9 miles long with over 1000 feet of climbing and is 90% singletrack. The remaining 10% is primitive double track.

Local Info

Horizon is technical but has some beginner and moderate trails as well. There are flat and fast open throttle sections as well as wooded trails and rocky, technical track. Rolling roller coaster like descents intermingle with short ascents, drops and whoop-de-doos. The energy sucking climb towards the end of each lap will slow even the strongest rider. After a few laps, you'd swear you were on an EPIC!

Camp Horizon is also the host of the annual Tour de Lizard, which is a race in both the Tour de Dirt (OK) and United Federation of Dirt (KS) series.

Bottom line, you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face.

For more information, check out the Kansas Singletrack Society's website.

Camp Horizon Biking

  • 14 Miles 23 Kilometers of Trail
  • 0 Recommended Routes
  • 1 Easy Trail Easy Trails
  • 3 Intermediate Trails Intermediate Trails
  • 4 Difficult Trails Difficult Trails
MTB Project is built by riders like you. Share what you know about this area!

Weather Averages


High
 
Low
 
Precip
 
Days w/
 
J F M A M J J A S O N D

Trails in Camp Horizon - 8

MTB Project is built by riders like you. Add Your Trails

5.4 mi 8.6 km #1Ridge Line
Difficult Difficult
Arkansas City, KS
Difficult Difficult
Arkansas City, KS
3.4 mi 5.5 km #2Lyle's Loop
Intermediate/Difficult Intermediate/Difficult
Arkansas City, KS
Intermediate/Difficult Intermediate/Difficult
Arkansas City, KS
2.4 mi 3.8 km #3North Woods
Easy/Intermediate Easy/Intermediate
Arkansas City, KS
Easy/Intermediate Easy/Intermediate
Arkansas City, KS
0.8 mi 1.3 km #4Escalator
Difficult Difficult
Arkansas City, KS
Difficult Difficult
Arkansas City, KS
2.0 mi 3.3 km #5River Bottom
Easy/Intermediate Easy/Intermediate
Arkansas City, KS
Easy/Intermediate Easy/Intermediate
Arkansas City, KS

Photos of Camp Horizon - 8

MTB Project is built by riders like you. Add Your Photos

The feature we call "Buttcrack"
Jun 6, 2015 near Arkansa…, KS
Use caution on this descent
Jun 6, 2015 near Arkansa…, KS
Fun stuff
Jun 6, 2015 near Arkansa…, KS
Another great technical feature
Jun 6, 2015 near Arkansa…, KS
First time over the bars on a new bike, never a fun feeling.
Apr 18, 2017 near Arkansa…, KS
The rocky climbs are a challenge.
Oct 20, 2018 near Arkansa…, KS
Quarry overlooking the riverbottom trail.
Jan 10, 2022 near Arkansa…, KS
Lyle's Loop at Camp Horizon
Nov 10, 2023 near Arkansa…, KS
Welcome

Join the Community! It's FREE

Already have an account? Login to close this notice.