Zion National Park
0 mi 0 km of trail — 0 Featured Rides
Within the 229-square miles of Zion National Park, you'll find high plateaus, a maze of narrow, deep, sandstone canyons, and the Virgin River and its tributaries. Zion also has 2,000-foot Navajo Sandstone cliffs, pine- and juniper-clad slopes, and seeps, springs, and waterfalls supporting colorful and lush hanging gardens. Follow the paths where ancient native people and pioneers walked. Gaze up at massive sandstone cliffs of cream, red, and pink that soar into a brilliant blue sky. Zion's unique array of plants, animals, and geology will enchant you as you absorb the rich history of the past and enjoy the excitement of present day adventures.
To learn more about Zion National Park, visit www.nps.gov.
Fees & Passes:
To find more about park fees, click here.
Camping & Lodging
- South Campground: 127 campsites available on first come, first served basis.
- Watchman Campground: There are 176 regular sites and 6 group sites. Open year round.
- Lavapoint Campground: Six primitive campsites available on a first come, first served basis. Open June through October, weather permitting.
Additionally, the Zion Lodge is located three miles north on the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. Open year-round, the lodge has motel rooms, cabins, and suites available. Reservations are recommended, and can be made online at www.zionlodge.com or by calling 1-888-297-2757.
Food & Drink
- The Red Rock Grill: Open year-round for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Dinner reservations are advised spring through fall and can be made by calling 435-772-3213.
- Castle Dome Cafe: A seasonal snack bar, offering patio seating for up to 100 people. Open seasonally.
Zion National Park's 2,000-foot sandstone cliffs are world-renowned for their big wall climbs. Due to their difficulty, most routes in the park are not recommended for inexperienced climbers, but there are few top roping and sport climbing areas. Or for those looking for another type of adventure, explore the wilderness and solitude of Kolob Canyons or hike the Narrows or the Subway to experience the beauty of Zion. Also, be sure to check out the park's website for a list of things to do.