One Way Only: This is designated as a directional trail.
This route is about 8.8 miles or 14.2km long and clearly marked by blue trail markers that have the international MTB sign on them.
There are several trail heads for this trail from which you can start your ride.
- Het Witte Huis in Aagtdorp, hoek van de Duinweg 66 / Postweg, 1871 AH in Schoorl
- Blijdensteinsweg (near Bergen aan Zee) in the Schoorlse Duinen
- Blijdensteinsweg (near Bergen) in the Schoorlse Duinen
- Julianalaan in the Schoorlse Duinen
- Dr. van Steijnweg in the Schoorlse Duinen
This is a beautiful trail going through the woods and sand dunes. The trail is challenging at times riding through the sand and there are a couple of steep climbs and descents. After a steep climb in the dunes, Zwarte Blink rewards you with a beautiful view of the dunes and surroundings. Another challenging climb is Schoorlse Nok, one of the highest sand dunes in the Netherlands, at 157.5ft/48m above sea level.
In the Netherlands there's a system in place where you have to pay for a "vignet" to be able to ride the trails, but this trail is free and you don't need a vignet. Instead, if you enjoy the trail, you can make a donation to MTB-Noordwest; an organization of volunteers that put in their blood sweat and tears to make sure this trail stays in a perfect condition.