After the swim, racers transition to the mountain bike course. Ride out to pavement and get ready to climb for 2,200 feet or 3,600 feet of elevation gain. The off-road uphill climb goes along the trails of Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, and Beaver Creek:
Riders leave T1 via the bike path around the north side of the Lake.
- Turn left onto paved West Beaver Creek Blvd (Intersection will be marshaled during race)
- Continue over railroad tracks and across HWY 6 (Police controlled intersection during race)
- Turn left at skier parking lot and pick up a paved bike path at the end of the lot
- Cross over Prater Road and hit the dirt at the top of the Riverfront Gondola. Total pavement leaving lake is approximately 1 mile Great chance to get the legs cranking!
- Follow trail at top of Gondola and cross under Lower BC Express chairlift. You are on the Elkhorn Trail (some steep climbs)
- After you cross under the second lift, you'll intersect the Village to Village Trail. This is where you'll see the first Aid Station
- Climb up the paved Strawberry Park road for .9 miles
- After climbing the .9 miles, turn right onto Daybreak Ridge Trail
- At the high point on the trail, turn right onto Primrose Trail/ gravel service Road
- At the top of the Arrowhead Lift, you'll pass through descending to the West on askiway, just after you pass by the Arrowhead Yurt on the switchback, you'll make a SHARP LEFT TURN onto a winding downhill singletrack Arrowhead Mt. Trail
- When you intersect the Village to Village Trail, head back across Arrowhead and Bachelor Gulch ski slopes, then back through the Aid Station
- Cross over Strawberry Park paved road and follow signs on Village to Village Trail
- Turn hard LEFT onto Beaver Lake Trail and connect to Alleys Way.
- Turn right at the gravel service road Cinch for a short, approx. .2 miles up to the Cork Screw Trail
- Turn left off Cinch service road and descend into Corkscrew singletrack switchbacks with small root drops
- Continue on Lower Corkscrew singletrack / service roads into T2
XTERRA Mountain Championship 1-mile swim / 25km mountain bike / 9.3 km trail run