Forgot your password?
Your login works across these sites:
We're part of the REI Co-op family,
where a life outdoors is a life well lived.
This ride's content isn't quite finished yet. Help out by adopting it and providing what's missing:
Open the MTB Project app and you'll find this trail on top of your To-Do List.
(Make sure you log in.)
Land Manager: USFS - Pisgah National Forest, Pisgah Ranger District
Loved this ride! New to the area so took some time to get oriented. We got confused because we thought the trail began in the Hatchery parking lot.
- Park in the Hatchery parking lot and ride back to the main road, you'll see a gravel road heading up the hill, that's the start to this trail.
- Steady climb on gravel, but still a gorgeous ride with pretty forest, several waterfalls.
- Mile 3.7, turn off from main gravel road to side road with "Dead End" sign and barrier.
- Don't take any early turns from this gravel road, the Cove Creek trail is well marked. (I think it was ~ mile 4.7). We made the mistake turning off early onto a side trail that wasn't marked.
- Trail itself is lots of fun, some challenging sections a beginner can walk a bike, but beautiful. Signpost for side trail to Cove Creek falls is well marked.
- Gorgeous picnic spot towards the end of the ride around mile 7.9.
Apr 21, 2016