MTB Project Logo

map orientation - route up

Original Post
MARK GOLDSMITH · · Lake arrowhead · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 0

Seems like the default setting for map is north up.  Is there a way to follow a route with route up or heading up?

thx,mark

Eric Ashley · · Bellingham, WA · Joined Dec 2016 · Points: 14,029

Hey Mark,

You can use "two-finger rotate" to orientate the map in a direction other than north. The process works just like it sounds, place two fingers on the map and rotate left or right. To get it to snap back to the north, click the little compass icon that appears in the top right (these are directions for iOS but it should be similar for Android).

Kind Regards,
—Eric

Nick Wilder · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 9,763

Eric's suggestion won't continue to auto-rotate the map as you move along the trail however.  We don't have the feature, though it sounds interesting.

MARK GOLDSMITH · · Lake arrowhead · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 0

Thx for the quick response. Yeah, I was hopeful that I could make the map act like when I'm following  a google map destination. Makes it easier to follow a trail when there are multiple trails in area and lots of intersections thx 

Lisa Randolph · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Today was the first time I followed a trail with MTB.  It was super thanks, but having the map auto rotate so travel direction was always up would make it so much better.  Thanks for a great app!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "map orientation - route up"