MTB Project Logo

5 REASONS WHY THE BIKE HELMET IS ESSENTIAL

Original Post
Germán Martínez · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

Collecting ideas for facing the new year, I give you 5 reasons why you should seriously consider using a bike helmet. They are:

THE OBVIOUS REASON. The first is as obvious as it is fundamental. Just to emphasize it so you don’t forget: a bike helmet can save your life. This is also a statistic, a fact proven by science and experiences. We recently posted about how a Catlike Mixino bike helmet saved Adriano Malori´s life.

THE RATIONAL REASON. If we want society to mature in regards to civics and education, wearing helmets can serve as an example for generations to come. And for the current generations too.

THE STATISTICAL REASON. This one appeals to mathematical-minded people, but it still remains true: wearing a helmet can prevent grave injury. It’s the same concept with the bike helmet as with the car’s seat belts some years ago: almost half of those seriously injured in cycling accidents weren’t wearing a helmet.

THE BIOMECHANICAL REASON. For most researchers, they know that the placement of the center of gravity in the human body in relation to its head, make it an area prone to shock or whiplash when contacting the ground. Protecting the head, therefore, is fundamental, especially because there resides our ideas (and even feelings, according to scientists).

THE STYLE REASON. We aren’t going to say that this is an aesthetic reason, but close enough. The affirmation that bike helmets don’t stimulate its use is out of date. The helmet is already a matter of style, of lifestyle. If you don´t believe it, look at the colors, models, designs and features, and try to combine it with your clothes. Surely there is one that defines your style.

What are your reasons for wearing helmets?

I have written the original article in Catlike

Joe Cannavo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Riding a hemet is good.

Hans Klaus · · Copenhagen, DK · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

What are your reasons for wearing helmets?

I have flipped over the handlebars enough times to warrant one!

mike gibson · · Rapid City, SD · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 0

Four times a helmet has saved my life, or at least prevented severe and debilitating injuries.  The number of times a helmet has prevented less than severe injuries for me is countless.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply