Web map shows local trails, IOS app does not show these same trails.

Original Post
Russ McCoy · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 6

The desktop website shows the tracks of all the local trails.  However, when I use the IOS app, these same trails are not showing up on the map.  Ideas??

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 6,307

Hey Russ,

Can you please send either the URL to the area page you're referring to, or simply the URLs to a few of the trails?

Thanks,

Tom

Russ McCoy · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 6

I am responding to Mikhaila at MTB Project.  Should I also send you the information??  Thank you!

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 6,307

Sounds like Mikhaila has you covered, Russ. Thanks!

-Tom

Joseph States · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 1,890
Russ McCoy wrote:

The desktop website shows the tracks of all the local trails.  However, when I use the IOS app, these same trails are not showing up on the map.  Ideas??

Seems we forgot the question. LOL. Anyway, it was explained to me that the mobile app updates once a week instead of daily as a courtesy to all of us without unlimited data plans. Think it was on Fridays? Does this solve the issue? 

Tony Karzen · · Zagreb, HR · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 130

I am seeing the same issue with my Android version of the app. Of course the question then becomes how long does it take to complete the 'editorial review'. and then from there, how long does it take to be added to the app. and does that require going to Google play for an update or does it update automatically? It would be a shame if if that were some sort of multi week process as that delay is just not acceptable these days, with instant accessibility on Strava, GPSies and others making them more accessible with more/faster trail updates/coverage. I really like what you guys have gong here and it has big potential, but often times overlooking simple things can ruin great opportunities...  and if people start drifting to other options, the likelihood of returning is low...

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply