MTB Project Logo

Trails on computer vs Trails on App?

Original Post
Dan Bartolucci · · Thousand Oaks, CA · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 0

Any idea why?

Ben Voytko · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 2,107

Only trails that were approved by moderators are pushed to the app. If you go to the trail page and see that it's in development, that will indicate it hasn't been submitted for review or it hasn't been approved yet. 

Craig ecraigsmit · · Andover, CT · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Ben, not disagreeing with you on the "in-development" trails but I believe there is something more going on here. On an old android tablet I can see many local trails and rides however on my android phone I can only see rides, all (not just some) of the trails are missing.  I had a coworker download the app onto his iphone and he can't see any rides or trails.  We both have downloaded the latest CT maps. He does get the black circles with the # of trials but when he zooms in there is nothing showing. If he opens the trail list they are listed but not shown on the map.

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 5,916

Hey Craig,

Thanks for reaching out. If you could, please send me this bug report in an email. You can reach me at tom@adventureprojects.net

Please include screenshots, phone make/model, phone OS version, and any other relevant info you can think of.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, email sent. Thanks, for looking into this, The area in the screen captures is from Greyville Falls in CT. 

Tom, couldn't send to tom@adventureproject.net from work either, same failure mode using different operating system and different email server, something seems wrong with that email address. 

Hey Craig,

My bad! I forgot to add an "s" to adventureprojects... Here is my email: tom@adventureprojects.net

Tom, just updated MTB app to 3.0.1(build 45) last night which was just released on Nov 30, 1979 (???) and now I have all the rides and trails. Release notes only mentions "bug fixes" so whatever you did it worked. Thanks! Buddy here at work just checked his ipohne and it now also has all rides and trails (app didn't update but maps did).  If you still need the screen captures just let me know and I will try again with the correct email address.

This sounds all set, Craig. Glad it finally works! If you need anything else, shoot me an email.

Allen Tanner · · Colorado Springs, CO · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 2,848

On the app, the trails haven't updated since Sept 18th.  With the old version it would prompt for updates on Sundays.  How do I update maps weekly on the new version?

REX Louscher · · Anaheim, CA · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

I really like this app but since the last update it has removed the trails that I write on.

And quite a few others making this app useless for me right now.  Please put the trails back on the app.

If there on the web site they should be on the app also.

@Allen, the app now updates data in the background. Quick question - what OS are you running?

@REX, could you please send me URL's for the trails that are missing from the app? You can reach me at my email address: tom@adventureprojects.net

@Tom I have android OS on a Droid Turbo 2.  I have Colorado, Utah, Arizona and Idaho downloaded on the app.  No app updates since Sept 18th still.  Trails in the CO area have been approved, verified on the desktop, but not yet added to the app map.

Update: deleted Colorado data and reinstalled it yesterday.  Somehow it triggered the other areas to update as well.

Ben Voytko · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 2,107

It would be really nice if the website gave you a checkbox option in the map view to filter out unapproved trails, so you could see it as it appears on the mobile app quickly and easily.

Keith Merson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0
Ben Voytko wrote:

It would be really nice if the website gave you a checkbox option in the map view to filter out unapproved trails, so you could see it as it appears on the mobile app quickly and easily.

I second that feature request. :-)

Joy Norris · · Cleveland, Ohio · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

man does anyone know how to get those REI store locator icons from showing on your maps? 

Just noticed that the number of trails in progress limits adding new trails.  I get that some of mine are behind, but I often use this program to map new areas, upload them to my phone then go for the ride.  Limiting the ability to add trails hinders this.  - Thanks, AT

@Ben and Keith - Interesting idea. I'll pass that on the the eng./design team and see what they say.

@Allen - For new users we do limit submissions, but only for the first 10. This is intended to ensure folks don't go too far off on the wrong track before we get a chance to help them through the approval process. I'm looking at your trails right now, and you should be through those first 10 trails soon.

Cheers,

Tom

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Trails on computer vs Trails on App?"