MTB Project Logo

Mountain Biking with Kids

Original Post
Steve Hanson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 0

My friends and I have been looking for recommendations for riding with our kids ranging in age from 11-7. I'd love people's suggestions. We hit easyCLIMB in Cascade Locks, Powell Butte and Sandy Ridge.
- My preference is Sandy Ridge's bottom loop and Hide & Seek from the mid way cut-off. My little guy got a bit nervous with the drop on the side of the trail of Laura's Loop, especially since he kept staring at it and veering towards it. Most bang for the buck at Sandy b/c the climb is not technical, just steep up a paved road.
- EasyCLIMB is good starter spot. My little guy with his 6 gears struggles on some of the short little climbs but we generally get more hoots and hollers than tears.
- Powell Butte was early in my boys mtn biking efforts, maybe the first trail we rode and I don't think I took the boys via the right route. Again, then both my boys had only 6 gear choices and they struggled with the longer climbs.
I'd love to hear others recommendations.

Daniel Hagan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hello, I have the same question. Some friends told us to try out wilson creek area. From what I have read it is more intermediate to advanced. Guess we will find out today and I will let you know how it goes.

amyy cooper · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Mountain Biking is fun. And if your kids are showing signs of wanting to get off-road or just do some cool tricks in the local neighbourhood like riding up and down gutters, over little bumps, etc, then you want to give them a few tips on riding efficiently and getting more out of their bikes. Ultimately this means MORE FUN!

amyy cooper · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks ammy cooper for responce my topic.

Madeline Masel · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 7 days ago · Points: 0

Skiing on mountains on a bicycle is an excellent kind of rest, you also can teach your child to write an essay, detailed information you can read here, I think for your child it is very necessary.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Mountain Biking with Kids"
in the Training Wheels