MTB Project Logo

Bulk trail conditions reporting

Original Post
Matt Goodman · · Duluth, MN · Joined Sep 2013 · Points: 1,595

It would be really, REALLY helpful to have a sort of system for "bulk" trail conditions reporting! Our trail systems are relatively clustered and the clusters are all in a fairly limited geographic area, so in most cases the trail conditions apply across-the-board.

For example, if a severe thunderstorm rips through our town today and dumps 3+ of rain on all of our trails, we would have to click through all 44+ (and growing) of our trails and individually enter the trail condition information. I hate to mention them here, but Pink Bike's TrailForks site has great functionality for doing this (for designated super-users with added privileges): you can get a list of all of the trails in your area, then check/un-check whichever you want, and submit a 'bulk' trail conditions report for your selected trails. It's very slick.

This is important for us folks in Duluth, because we are a couple of hour's drive from a large metro area (Minneapolis/St. Paul) - just far enough so that we could get dumped on with rain, while it's entirely sunny/dry down there in the big city. If we end up with soaked trails, especially leading into a weekend, we need to be able to get the word out before the masses make the 2 hr drive.

Maybe there is already some functionality for this in-place, that I'm missing?

Thanks!!! -Matt Goodman

Adam Kagy · · Victor, ID · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 2,941

+1 on this!

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Hey guys,

This is finally bubbling to the top of our development list. Look for some changes in the near future!

-Tom

Jason O'Young · · Tinley Park, IL · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 591

Excellent, I just uploaded all our trails and we have a similar situation with our trail systems in geographic clusters. Looking forward to a bulk conditions update functionality. Would these trail condition updates also eventually be available on the mobile app?

Jason O'Young · · Tinley Park, IL · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 591

I went to update the trails in my area today and saw the bulk update enhancement. Thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Bulk trail conditions reporting"