Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
MTB Project Logo

Kingsport, TN

Original Post
krispyyo · · Ventura, CA · Joined Apr 2006 · Points: 0

Hello. I live in Colorado and will be moving next year for surgical training. I have to go to a town where there is a surgery residency program, and Kingsport, TN is one of my options. I really know nothing of the area and have not been able to find much info online.

I'm a mountain biker, trail runner, and rock climber with a wife and two small kids. I'm trying to determine if Kingsport would be a good spot for us, so any information about Kingsport (quality of life, culture, outdoor access and community, etc.) would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!!

Anthony D. · · Bristol, VA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 323

Hey Kyle! Kingsport has lots of trail riding/running opportunities as well as lots of other outdoor destination spots. Kingsport has Bays Mountain Park (25ish miles of shared use trail and more hiking only trail), Warriors Path State Park (10ish miles of technical terrain), Bristol has Sugar Hollow Park (10ish miles of shared use trail), Steele Creek Park (20ish miles of shared use trail) and Johnson City has the Cherokee Nat'l Forest with lots of different trail experiences and the forest stretches across several smaller towns with a myriad of trails.

Bristol, just 10 miles or so outside of Kingsport has a really cool downtown scene with lots of live music (it's the birthplace of country music), renowned music festivals and good food. Johnson City has the same type of experience, but a younger group since ETSU is downtown. There are several great schools locally from elementary to colleges as well.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Other Stuff
Post a Reply to "Kingsport, TN"