MTB Project Logo

How to use your .gpx download....??

Original Post
Kathy Carriker · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

Hi,
Thanks for the site and the app.
Sorry if this font is huge. I can't seem to fix that.
I am trying to get the Rainbow Rim trail on my garmin 650t.
The download said it completed successfully.
I expected waypts or a track but couldn't see any.
What I did see was a Grand Canyon NP map.jnx on my map list.
However, that map wouldn't show anything on the map screen.
What should this .gpx file be giving me?
Is there any hope of seeing a track on my garmin??

Thanks so much for your help!
Kathy

Neil Reamer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0

Kathy,

I think I saw in another post you have a Garmin 650t. There are two ways to get the .gpx file in to your Oregon. I find copying it directly the easiest.

After you download the GPX file,

Connect the GPS to your PC or MAC using the supplied USB cable.

You should see a new device pop up. (If you have a memory card in your Oregon, you will see two devices.) Open the device, not the memory card.

Look for a directory called GPX, it is under the Garmin directory. Grab the GPX file you downloaded and drop it in the GPX folder.

When you disconnect, start the GPS and look under tracks. It may not be named what you expect, but you can rename it in the device.

The other option is to use BaseCamp. I find this app kind of cumbersome, so do not use it often. If you choose this route, you will have to read the help files.

This link: garminoregon6xx.wikispaces.... has tons of useful info on the Oregon 6xx series GPS.

Hope this helps.

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Hey Kathy,

I would recommend exporting the route as a .gpx file from the ride's page. That button can be found next to "Getting There" under the ride name.

1. Plug in your Garmin
2. Click the GPX File button to export the file from the MTB Project site
3. If your computer prompts you to save the file to a specific location, place it somewhere memorable like the desktop
4. Using the Finder, My Computer or other tool on your computer, open up the drive associated with the Garmin, usually labeled Garmin
5. Open the Garmin folder located inside the Garmin drive
6. Click/drag the exported file to the GPX folder on the unit. You may have to create the folder if it’s not already present.
7. Safely remove the Garmin (Eject on an Apple machine) and unplug it from the computer.

Hopefully this works for you. If not, please respond here.

-Tom

Chris Thomas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2018 · Points: 0

Reading the instruction is the most important thing that any user needs to do and then import the file to the GPS device from the file on the computer. Using tools for doing this can be useful and tools are also used by the Printer Repair Dubai to download the GPX file.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Wheels
Post a Reply to "How to use your .gpx download....??"