MTB Project Logo

Beginner trails in Chelan, WA

Original Post
Alix Jones · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2014 · Points: 0

Hello fellow bas-*ss mountain bikers!

I must start with a confession that I myself am decidedly less than bad-*ss. I started biking last year, and although I fit in a lot of riding including a trip to the awesome downhill of Whistler, I am still a novice at best. I sometimes tip over when I stop (fortunately to date there's always been a friendly bush there to break the fall), and my conditioning for long ascents is still sub-par. I love mountain biking and am determined to continue to push myself to improve. I also am very cognizant of my skill level and tackling challenges that are appropriately challenging and won't results in fiery death, or at least broken bones.

My boyfriend and I are taking a trip to Chelan, WA for my birthday this year and we'd like to do some riding while we're out there. Unfortunately, all the trails I've so far found seem to either require greater skill level than I possess, or would take someone of my current condition a whole day to finish. We want to fit the riding in, and don't mind early starts, but gotta leave plenty of time for boozing and birthday gluttony.

Anyone with experience in the area have thoughts about some trails that might work for us?

I'm comfortable on single track as long as there aren't steep drop-offs, and I can handle roots and step-downs and most of what you might expect a one-year noob to navigate (no skinnies, please :) ). I enjoy the cardiovascular challenges of up-hill as well, but would like to do something I can actually ride and not have to walk my bike on, which might happen after 6 continuous uphill miles.

Thanks in advance for any help you all can give me!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Wheels
Post a Reply to "Beginner trails in Chelan, WA"