MTB Project Logo

Feature Request: Ride Builder

Original Post
Kai Troester · · Pepperell, MA · Joined Jun 2011 · Points: 1,637

That may already be a long term plan, but in case it is not I'd like to see a tool with which I can build a ride and then download a GPX or waypoint file to my GPS unit. In the past I have been using GPSies for that but it would fit well into MTB project.

Kai

Nick, I noticed that you commented on many other questions. what about this one? is this on the radar?

thanks,
Kai

· · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

It is on the list, but a long way down there. I've seen a cool system that does what you want at mountaintrails.org, though it's a little hard to figure out.

Nick Wilder wrote:
It is on the list, but a long way down there. I've seen a cool system that does what you want at mountaintrails.org, though it's a little hard to figure out.

I played around with mountaintrails.org's route builder and it not exactly what I had in mind. The feature I'm looking for would allow a user to create routes by connecting existing trails (or just sections of them) and by entering new GPS points on a map. The later is useful of trails are connected by public roads, for example.

I know that this is a complicated feature and I just wanted to see if this has been considered.

Kai

What about a Lite version that allows the user to construct GPS traces (as he/she already can when creating a trail) while being able to see existing trails and any info that's given on the map layer? That way you don't have to find a way of mixing trail GPS data and user provided segments into one GPS track. Would that be simpler and available earlier?

Kai

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Feature Request: Ride Builder"
in the MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions