MTB Project Logo

Rockshox Reverb getting slow to pop up

Original Post
· · Unknown Hometown · Joined unknown · Points: 0

Love my new seatpost, but it's getting slower and slower to pop back up when I push the button. At first it snapped right back, bordering on too forcefully for comfort...

But now it slowly works it's way up, taking several seconds. I've read that bleeding and replacing the oil (to remove bubbles) might fix the problem, but is this going to happen again and again?

Brian Weaver · · Burnet, TX · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 465

I think the standard for dropper posts is not if they fail but when. My Genius 910 came with the the Stealth Reverb and is holding up so far (and I use it enough that it should catch on fire ha) but my buddy said that 2 customers of his have had theirs in and out of his shop several times already.

I had a KS that had to be sent in once in its lifetime.

Droppers are worth it even with the headache. I considered buying a backup one and may do so when mine fails eventually. The terrain around here warrants one.

Nick Wilder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love my new seatpost, but it's getting slower and
> slower to pop back up when I push the button. At
> first it snapped right back, bordering on too
> forcefully for comfort...
>
> But now it slowly works it's way up, taking
> several seconds. I've read that bleeding and
> replacing the oil (to remove bubbles) might fix
> the problem, but is this going to happen again and
> again?

Rockbanned brett · · Plattsburgh, Ny · Joined Dec 2011 · Points: 0

I've used this one for going on 3 seasons now. Still works as good as the day I got it. I actually will take it to my grave with me I love it so much, heh heh heh... Not quite as fancy, but works every single time, haven't had an issue yet. I'd give it 5 Stars all day... Crank Bros Joplin L
bicyclebuys.com/bikeparts/s...

calitradclimber · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2001 · Points: 0

Just needs a good bleed. It should be fine after that. Brakes sometimes need a bleed too, although I wonder if the size of the chamber is much larger in the seat post, causing tiny air bubbles to work their way in somehow?

Markk Knowles · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2010 · Points: 2,720

Do you grease the post regularly? I use Slick Honey after most rides....keeps it runnin smooooth.

Mark Miller · · Ashland, OH · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 21

A top-side remote bleed will speed up the post remarkably. There are a ton of videos out there on it. You'll need a couple of Torx wrenches, a bleed syringe, and Reverb fluid. I probably doesn't need a full bleed.

Make sure the speed control is set to completely open or the slowest setting. Attach a syringe to the bleed port on the remote. Draw up the plunger enough to start pulling air. Push the remote a few times until no air bubbles are expelled. End with a push on the syringe fully extend the remote. Presto.

Zach Myers · · Durango, CO · Joined Oct 2012 · Points: 0

Finish Line makes a suspension spray that works well for dropper seals too, although yours probably needs a bleed as others have said, the drawback of the Reverb (do the remote bleed). There are a couple very reliable droppers out there my favorite being the 9point8. It has a reliable and rebuildable mechanism and has the largest range in travel lenghts. The Raceface Turbine and Easton Haven are the same dropper if you can't find a 9point8. The Fox transfer has been good to me so far too, it has the easiest lever/ smoothest action and gives a good "clunk" at the top and bottom of stroke to let you know its all the way down or up. Just avoid KS, either you get lucky and they work fine, or needs to be warrantied a dozen times (good luck getting a hold of them in the first place, I'm pretty sure they screen calls from bikes shops).

Emaan Ali · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2017 · Points: 0

It was a decent post to be sure. I completely delighted in understanding it in my lunch time. Will definitely come and visit this blog all the more frequently. Much obliged for sharing.
Profile  Backlinks

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Repair & Maintenance
Post a Reply to "Rockshox Reverb getting slow to pop up"