MTB Project Logo

Still not digging the new version

Original Post
Marty Caivano · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 6

Hey MTBP folks! I have tried very hard to adapt to the new update. I've given it quite a bit of time, but I have to be honest, it's just not as user-friendly as the previous version. In fact, it's downright annoying, and more often than not, I end up killing the app in frustration and firing up Trailforks. The old way of selecting/viewing individual trails is completely gone, and the screen is just a mess of various "rides" that give me no information about the trails within it. So then I click on a ride in hopes of narrowing down the mess, but it goes to a page describing that ride, forcing me to hit "view trail on map" to be able to go back and see that segment - which in turn ruins my ability to see that ride within the whole trail system (unless I zoom out) which then makes the scrolling trails across the bottom go crazy and try to readjust to the wider view. It's an incredibly frustrating process. I realize you have no desire to go back to the old version, so I can only hope you might be thinking of bringing back some of those previous features. I've been a huge supporter of the app, and want to keep doing so, but when Trailforks makes my riding experiences easier and MTBP makes them more frustrating, you can't be too surprised to see a growing number of folks abandoning ship. If there's something I've missed, I'd love to know it. Cheers.

Eric Internicola · · Westminster, CO · Joined May 2011 · Points: 0

Hey Marty, thanks for taking the time to lay out your concerns with the new UI updates.  I assume you're an iOS user (since that's the version that got this part of the facelift you're talking about).  We don't have any specific changes in mind yet to address this, but it's definitely on our list of major things to address.  We want the app to be useful to you, to us and to everyone.  I completely understand your frustration with the scrolling issues and they do need to be addressed.  We have some things planned that should help alleviate some of your concerns, but I cannot make any promises to the timeline, other than to say "soon" and it's a high priority for us.  Thanks for your patience, keep a look out for the next two or three releases.

Sean Wiggins · · Elizabethton, TN · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 627

Unfortunately I have to agree. I have given it some time to get used to it and not be that "its changed so i automatically hate it" guy. I agree with Marty though, this version just isnt user friendly. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Still not digging the new version"