MTB Project Logo

New bike pad changes what you thought your tailgate could do...

Original Post
Tyler Green · · Cottonwood Heights, UT · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

Hello world of MTB Project,

After years of watching bike pads be stolen, fade within months, and really see no real changes made to overall design for YEARS, we decided to step in! My brother and I invented and patented the worlds first modular tailgate system.

Our design features a locking carabiner (with steel wired beaded cable running through the center), payload strap that can hold down up to 5 bikes or whatever else you need tied down (surf board, fly rods, 2x4's, etc.). We were tired of the flaps and useless magnets so we had the outside made of thermo-formed plastic which will keep your stanchion from hitting your truck while also keeping your bike safe as well. This allows us to have opening at all times so your backup camera and handle are not blocked. On the inside of the Basecamp pad is a molle webbing system that you can attach our Lounger chair or Jeffrey cooler to. All products sold individually or as a kit. Bikes will still fit as downtube will have enough room to go over accessories.

Oh yeah....our pad will work with majority of tailgate covers and shells!

Please keep us in mind should you be in the market. We appreciate your business.

Www.TrustCache.com 
@Cache , Instragram
@TrustCache, Facebook

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Tyler@Trustcache.com

-Tyler 
B L · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 561

I like the concept and improvements.
I have a couple questions:
(1) What protects the bikes from being stolen? The wire beaded cable canvas strap holds the pad onto the truck, but how about the bikes?
(2) Why is it so small? It doesn't cover the width of the tail gate.
Thanks.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Bike & Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "New bike pad changes what you thought your tail…"