MTB Project Logo

Export ride to wahoo

Original Post
Stefan K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2019 · Points: 0

Is it possible to export a ride to wahoo element/roam ?

Amber Scott · · Crested Butte, CO · Joined Apr 2018 · Points: 75

Yup, I believe so! Just click the "GPX File" link on the trail or Featured Ride page to download a track, and then you should be able to use it on your device.

Ben Voytko · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 2,093

You should also be able to sync now with the Wahoo app if you connect to the wahoo service in the companion app. All you have to do after mtb project is authorized is add a trail or ride to your todo list and then sync your Elemnt / Bolt / Roam.  I've used this a few times, it seems to work well.

Though, you can also just use the .gpx file, but it's even easier now that there is integration with Wahoo + MtbProject.

E Z · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

The Wahoo + MTB Project integration feature does not work. Selected rides will appear in your app list, but will not sync because they do not include data (see bottom pic). Try using RidewithGPS (see top pic of what companion app looks like when it will sync correctly). 

Other path · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0

I am having the same problem as EZ. Am I doing  something wrong? I did update my firmware for my roam unit.
Any advice? It’s ridewithgps or patient wait for bug fix. Patience not my forte.

Could try this workaround I used to use before we had integration. I wrote up some instructions with screenshots below to sync without having to get on your computer using safari and the wahoo app, it's iphone specific though. I have not updated in a bit though, so hope it works for you.
https://mtbblitz.blogspot.com/2018/04/mtb-project-sync-route-to-wahoo-elemnt.html

I'll also see if new items sync to my Elemnt and see if I'm experiencing the same issues, havn't sync'd any new trails recently.

Other path · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0

Thanks Ben. I did see your good work, then quickly realized that my Singletracks routes were synced. Now having been distracted by that, I went down the rabbit hole with MTB project. I prefer MTB for trails in my area. So with the current roadblock, I circle back to your good advice.

I seem to have had the same issue with MTB Project not syncing (at least to the wahoo elemnt app). I deauthorized mtb project in the wahoo elemnt app, re-authorized it, and re-synced my routes, and I was able to see a new route that I just added. Maybe give that a shot as it might fix your issue.

E Z · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2019 · Points: 0

Integration seems to be working now.  I didn't have to do anything other than tap routes on my Elemnt App, which started an auto-sync and my MTB Project routes all appeared normal.  Hope this keeps working---makes it so easy.   

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Export ride to wahoo"