MTB Project Logo

Trails not updating after approval on the app

Original Post
Sloppy Joe · · Dallas Texas · Joined Jun 2019 · Points: 142

I’ve updated a handful of trails on the app and have gotten approval notices that new trail sections are accepted. The problem is that I’m not seeing them on the app yet. I’ve logged out, deleted the app, updated the areas, manually updated areas, waited for 24+ hours. I see the new trail changes and additions on the interactive map but it’s driving me insane I can’t see my new trails on the app!!! Changes have been made to Big Cedar Wilderness Trails in Dallas Texas. 

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 2,526

Hey Joe!
Great question. The app gets updated every other week on Friday evening and, lucky for you, today is one of those days! You should see the app update tomorrow morning upon opening and the trails should be adjusted to reflect the changes you made to the site. If you notice any that aren't, please feel free to reach out (content@mtbproject.com).

Awesome to know thanks! Also, I’ve made a bunch of changes with the GPS points on the same trail system (Big Cedar Wilderness) and was hoping to have them approved ASAP for the new riders who are learning the trails before a big 24 hour endurance race coming up that uses our trail. I emailed a GPX file for one of the updates and had manually changed the gps points on multiple loops. If there’s anyway to expedite those updates prior to the end of day that would be awesome but understandable if that’s not how the process works 

Those should be all set! They were approved this morning and will be updated to the site this evening (the site gets updated every night with any changes made to the maps during the day), which will also coincide with the app getting updated, too. Your timing couldn't be better! 

You rock, thanks for all the help! Have an awesome weekend 

Hey Joe,
I may have spoken too soon. There's a chance the app updates early Friday morning instead of late Friday night, which would mean this last batch of updates just missed the cut. If that's the case, you won't see any changes until next week on Friday - sorry about that! Some folks are out of the office this week so I wasn't able to confirm 100%.

I'd recommend opening the app tomorrow and going to "Areas" at the bottom of the screen and updating any of the downloaded areas you have. Then, go to the Texas area and zoom in on Big Cedar Wilderness to see if those changes have been updated yet. Feel free to reach out directly (zander@mtbproject.com) if you have follow-up questions or concerns. 

Zander, you’re awesome thanks for all the help! The app updated yesterday morning and most of my edits were on it, super happy about that. Sting of Scorpion SOS and DragonFly weren’t on there but I assume they’ll be part of the next update.

I did want to ask though, for people who have the app and don’t manually go to ‘update areas’, will those people ever have their maps updated to reflect that there are trails line Big Cedar Wilderness now on your app?

Thanks again for all the help! 

Awesome! That's great news, happy to help.

That's a great question. The app auto-updates every two weeks with the option to manually update every week (the update happens late Friday night so Saturday morning is a good time to manually update to see changes). 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Trails not updating after approval on the app "