MTB Project Logo

Used 2007 Kona Coilair??

Original Post
Keith Favara · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2019 · Points: 0

So......I moved to the SLC, UT area last summer and went hiking a decent amount.  Now as we're coming out of winter and it's starting to warm up again I'm interested in trying out mountain biking on some trails around here if I can.  I've tried reading online about choosing a first bike when you don't have alot of money and it seems like it was going to be a hardtail bike.......maybe used to alleviate breaking the bank and getting more bang for the buck if I am fairly sure it's a good buy.  Then today I ran across an older full suspension bike.........a 2007 Kona Coilair in the local online classified section and I looked it up.......yes it's older.........yes it weighs like 37 lbs, but from what i read back in the day people seemed to like it quite a bit.  The reviews say that despite the weight it does pretty well going uphill and downhill was really great.  It is being sold for $300 and it's rare that I've seen even an older FS bike with good reviews being sold for this price.   So......i guess my question is for a first bike what would you guys think about me(a 46 yr old guy with a back that's not perfect)getting this bike for my first bike instead of a hardtail??  And if you think its a good bike to see if i like the sport then what should i watch out for buying used???  Please realize even $500 bucks is alot for me right now and I know that I've read a billion times about you need to spend X amt. of money to get a good bike.  But if the weight doesn't bother me could this be the rare FS bike that would be a good fit for a newbie who doesn't have alot of money and doesn't want his back to take a beating.  I'm not looking to go to the ski resorts with this thing and take it downhill.........I see some blue trails that maybe I can give a go.    Here's the link to the bike......... https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/55644385.   Thanks in advance for your opinion on this.....it seems like a fun sport and I hope to find something that I can get that allows me to explore if i really like it or not.   Even if i don't end up getting this bike I'm going to still be studying up on the subject......tomorrow I'm going to get the book Zinn and the art of mountain bike maintenance at the local library.  Read reviews saying that's a good one and i figure any info i can inhale is good info.   Thanks again for any advice you may give.  

gerald kelly · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 14 days ago · Points: 0

"This link is baaaaaad. Page not found". Give me some advice to this on KSL Classifieds apknite.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Wheels
Post a Reply to "Used 2007 Kona Coilair??"