MTB Project Logo

navigation on cell phone

Original Post
Gary Echert · · Albuquerque, NM · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

I am fairly new to MTB project and I think it's great.  One question however - when trying to navigate with the map on my cell phone I can't keep the current location centered so I have to manually recenter the display frequently.  Is this possible? if not it would be a great feature to add.  Thanks so much

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 2,514

Hi Gary,
If you've allowed the app to access your GPS location while using the app, you can use the square arrow button in the upper left corner to re-center the map on your blue dot GPS location. Let me know if that doesn't help your issue.
Thanks! 

Thanks Zander.  Actually I had figured this out but what I was asking is, if there is a setting that continuously keeps the dot centered so I would not need to stop - or take my eyes off the trail.  Without this, I have downloaded the gpx files on my computer, uploaded them to my phone, and then used Locus maps to navigate with, which does have this capability, but this is not so convenient. If there is no way to do this on the app - then a second question is, can I download gpx files from the app directly to my phone?   (Android - if that matters).

Thanks again.

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 2,514

Ah, got it. That isn't possible currently but it's a great suggestion especially when out riding. I'll make a note of it and you can also submit a formal feature request here, which gets logged for future changes and improvements.

Downloading .gpx files is only possible through the site for now. I believe you can access the "Download GPX" button on the mobile website, which might let you save the .gpx file to your phone but downloading files directly through the app isn't currently available. Feel free to submit another request for that functionality!

Thanks for your replies.  I will submit the requests as you suggested.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "navigation on cell phone"