MTB Project Logo

Southwestern US Bike Trip

Original Post
Bret Foster · · Missoula, MT · Joined Feb 2019 · Points: 0

Hey all you desert rats,

I've got a month between a new job and my current one so I'm saddling up for March in the Southwest.  Going to try and head where I can avoid the legendary snow dump of this past week, so my range will be probably start around Phoenix AZ and end around Fruita CO.  Give me a holler if you've got some great trails that are accessible and want a riding buddy! My number is (616) 405-3436, so get in touch with me since I'm not sure what my internet access will be like.  The first week (March 1-8) will probably be around Phoenix unless the snow has burnt off by then, followed by a week (March 8-18) in Saint George UT, then I'm headed to Moab UT/ Indian Creek (March 18-26).  The final week (March 26 - April 1) will probably take me toward Fruita/ Grand Junction CO if the trails have become ridable.  Looking forward to getting back on the bike with y'all! Recommendations on dispersed camping areas in these spots would also be great.

John Styrnol · · Grand Junction, CO · Joined Oct 2017 · Points: 115

Hard to tell right now, but you should be ok around that timeframe here in GJ/Fruita. Some trails (2-3) are just now beginning to be rideable in the afternoon.

Gypsy_ Haas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 36

Sounds like a great trip!! For camping, dispersed on public land is generally allowed for free. Call a ranger, tell them what you're doing and they are usually really helpful. Sometime to they know little slices that might not be on a map but they will give you directions. Also try FreeCampsites.net and if you find any sweet spots share them on there, it's a great community!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Partners
Post a Reply to "Southwestern US Bike Trip"