MTB Project Logo

trouble finding new freehub driveshell

Original Post
Adam Downey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2018 · Points: 0

hello all, ill just dive right into it. a few months ago i noticed a grinding noise coming from my back wheel once per rotation. i took it apart and learned the freehub driveshell was the issue, so i searched the internet to buy a new one but cant find a drivesheel alone. every website i come across only sells the entire hub assembly with the driveshell attached, and seeing as how i dont have the knowledge or money to build a new wheel, id like to find the specific part that just screws into the side of the tire. i wouldnt be opposed to building a new tire i guess, however i dont know what all must be taken into consideration when building one that will fit on my specific bike. do i need a specific length hub assembly? do different wheels have different variations on how far the disk brake is from the hub, and if so, how do i make that measurement? the bike is a 2017 diamondback 27.5 overdrive. if anyone could help me answer these questions, or point me in the direction of a website where i can buy a freehub driveshell, i would be forever in your debt. attached is a picture of the piece in question. thanks again.

Rachid Azdour · · Agadir, Marrakech, Morocco · Joined 3 hours ago · Points: 0

hello all i have some probleme.
https://www.atlasmountainbike.com

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Repair & Maintenance
Post a Reply to "trouble finding new freehub driveshell"