Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
MTB Project Logo

Canyon bike problems

Original Post
kevin spade · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 0

HI,

Received my Canyon aeroad 9.0 with mechanical dura ace yesterday. Absoluntely stunning bike, looks way better in real life than in the pictures.However, a closer look revealed some issues. The bike I received seem to have been on the shelf for a long time.First, the bike had quite a lot of dust on it when I opened the box.Also, the cables do not feel smooth at all. In fact, the RD has signs of aging(fraying).Both shifting and braking feel like crap.Upon a closer look, I found that the cables are not dura ace cables, but rather some cheap alternative. Well played Canyon, that's a nice trick to cut down some cost.Anyways, very disappointing experience. Canyon advertises that they use the entire group set, but cables are important ma parts of the groupset too. will be having a word with their customer service to see what they have to say about this. I would say that 105, ultegra, dura ace in terms of shifting quality are all the damn same, the only thing that makes the difference are the cables, so if Canyon doesn't give me dura ace cables, I might be buying the ultegra in the first place.My friends well tuned 105 shifts way better than my aeroad dura ace in its current condition.While this bike may have been well tuned when it was built, they've probably left it on the shelf for way too long, and did not double check before shipping it out.I will update on this post to see how the customer service deals with this.

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13090559
staffing management software video

Thank you.

Kyungkuk Hwang · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 8 days ago · Points: 0

hi! I'm considering Canyon ultimate also. I joined FB community for Canyon user group. All I see is negative comments about poor quality, slow customer service, etc.
Not sure only people with complaint post anything. but people spends lots of money for this and didn't get quality service. that's ridiculous.. please update your status here.

Bicycle Soup · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 7 days ago · Points: 0

I've had my Canyon Exceed CF SL 7.0 since December and have had zero issues with anything. Came with SRAM XO Eagle and Level TL brakes. I'm a huge fan of SRAM drivetrains, but I can't stand their brakes so I dumped them for Shimano XT. I wouldn't consider that a knock against the bike or Canyon, just a personal preference. Love everything else about the bike. Everything functioned perfectly when it arrived and I put it together. I didn't have to do much setup at all out of the box. All I did was dial in the fit and I've been rolling ever since. I've done endless training rides and some races on it and it's been great. I wouldn't be hesitant about getting another bike from them at all.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Canyon bike problems"
in the Events, Races, Gatherings, etc