Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
MTB Project Logo

Missing Edit Functions on Existing Trails.

Original Post
Ben Voytko · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 2,099

Went to go edit a trail today and found out that I couldn't check it out to make changes. There have been some re-routes and changes as the trail system has been developed and I need to modify several trails to be consistent with the new trail maps. 

Should I expect this feature to come back at any point? What's the best way to do this going forward? 

I do see ways to suggest changes to descriptions, but it would be very nice to be able to modify gps tracks to handle re-routes.

Tom Robson · · Boulder, CO · Joined Mar 2015 · Points: 5,752

Hey Ben,

You can find the edit GPS points feature now on the map, under the Virtual Tour button. It says, "Trail Mapped Wrong?"

-Tom

Cool. Thanks, Tom, I'll proceed with my changes then. Good to know how to find that again.

I like the new prompts where you give the option to email a new GPX file.

Might use that for some fixes, but I think some manual editing on the map will work for the changes I need to do right now.

After doing the edits this new way, I like how the different segments of the trail data are able to be edited independently as not to lock out other people from making edits to other sections. Everything went smoothly and all my new edits were approved!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Missing Edit Functions on Existing Trails."
in the MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions