COVID-19: At REI, we encourage you to get outside responsibly. Stay local, avoid recreational travel, practice social distancing and check ahead for area and facility closures. Learn More
MTB Project Logo

How to Sync MTB Project featured ride to Wahoo Elemnt (without a computer) on iOS

Original Post
Ben Voytko · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 2,093

I was on a road trip and was trying to load MTB Routes on to my Element on the fly and it wasn't easy to figure out.

After I got home I worked out the details and made some quick guides on how to actually get files synced between iOS apps for MTB Project to the Elemnt without a computer.  Pardon the terrible blogger site, I just wanted to get the info posted where I could share it and update it.

MTB Project to Elemnt

Let me know if you have any feedback. Thought it would be helpful to share here.

David Manning · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2019 · Points: 0

Ben, thanks for doing the yeoman's work on this.  I was trying to find a mountain bike computer that would sync with MTB Project maps...voilà.  Off to REI I go, for a Wahoo Elemnt.

Heck, it’s even easier these days. You can just link up the mtb project site with wahoo and sync your to do list items right to the element now too! It’s now built in. Works pretty well from my experience.

I wrote the guide when they disn’t have support built yet for the elemnt. 

Paul Wessel · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 26 days ago · Points: 0

question - where do i sync "To Do" list on MTB Project?  Looking to add to my Bolt a day or riding tomorrow...  will it view on my Bolt like Trailforks shows on the Garmin = Live as I go along the trails?

thanks - pw

@Paul Wessel - All you have to do is setup the source in the Wahoo Elemnt Companion App (Authorized apps screen) on your phone and add items to your todo list on MTB Project and then sync your Elemnt! You can force a sync on the element while you have wifi connected by going to the routes page and select sync. I do this before I leave the house so I know it's loaded. Double check by looking at the routes screen.

I'm pretty sure that If you're at the trailhead and have cell service, you can view the routes on your companion app and select the route and then it can force a load to the Elemnt while off wifi. It's probably preferred to sync ahead of time though.

Also, if you select the route before you start the ride, it should follow the route on your screen as with any other planned ride. 

Paul Wessel · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 26 days ago · Points: 0

Hello Ben - thanks for sharing this...  I'm good with everything but "add items to your todo list on MTB Project "...

for the life of me I cannot find a "To Do" list to add trails anywhere...  where or how does that work?  I'm looking on both the website and mobile app.  

thanks - 

Sorry, they changed the terminology, what used to be "to do list" is now "Favorites". Look at the top right hand side of the page on the website (just below your profile photo/message indicator). It's just a heart icon on the mobile site.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "How to Sync MTB Project featured ride to Wahoo…"