Adventure Projects is hiring a web engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
MTB Project Logo

Are there plans to upgrade the app so a ride can be tracked on an Android phone?

Mark Emagin · · Hidden Valley Lake · Joined Sep 2017 · Points: 78

For Recording Tracks on Android I currently use Maverick. It's pretty cool! It's  a full mapping app and has good tracking built in. I use OSM Bike Maps on it and they are fairly detailed, showing some trails. Easy export to GPX onto Google Drive or Share... to other locations. Then upload to MTB project.  But come on, the only way to expand our community libraries on MTB Project is to REDUCE BARRIERS to track collection and upload. The easier that is, the faster this community will grow.
While I do not know the data on Android usage of MTB Project, I am willing to bet Android is growing faster than Apple. It's 80% of the world's phone OS. 

Tim K · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2018 · Points: 29

+1 on adding tracking for Android. This is the only thing the app is missing. 

Brian Barrett · · Asheville, NC · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

+1 for android... In the mean time you guys should check out Backcountry Navigator.

Britt Adams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Please add android tracking

Ben Voytko · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 2,085

I'm not going to lie. I really like the whole thing trailforks did with the ridelogs, I can click any trail and see rides that hit that trail. Holy crap is it nice to find out different ways to ride a park or other riding area.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Are there plans to upgrade the app so a ride ca…"