MTB Project Logo

First trip from Mesa to Las Vegas any advice is good advice!

Original Post
Zoe Jones · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

This is going to be my first distance trip! I’m taking it over the span of two weeks so that I can take in all of the fun and beauty along the way. This will be the first serious distance trip I’ve ever taken and would love to get some feed back on what routes I could take, what kind of gear and tools I should bring and just in general any advice I can get! Any advice is good advice to me so please feel free to give me the low down especially if you’ve ever done a trip similar to this!

Sunny regards,

Zoe

harry josh · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2019 · Points: 0

A Pacsafe waist wallet. You can wear these around your waist when traveling. The main benefit is locking your passport, money, etc. inside, and locking it to a fixed object in the room where you stay. For example, I often lock it to the bed, out of sight. Different rooms have different places. Potential thieves can't grab it and run.

I used these stores to buy travel accessories for my trip  https://travelsites.com/travel-accessories-stores/ Hope you can find the best tools too. 

Gypsy_ Haas · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 37

Are you camping or glamor traveling from hotel to hotel? I'll assume you want to wake up next to the trails, eat breakfast and ride. I'd hit Sedona on the way, lots of good riding. Posse Ground Park also has a skills park and some fun lines. If you take 89A there us some free camping just south of town. Then when leaving, again 89A north of town, the are some local swimming holes and some paid camping. Plus amazing views.

Head up to Flagstaff and if Schultz Pass isn't closed for fire hazard, there's tons of free camping and you can be trail side. If Schultz is closed to camping, it's usually still open for riding. Go try Tuthill for camping , it's fee based but there's a bike park and you're a short drive to Schultz.

You could then head up to Moab (this is adding miles, but you have 2 weeks and this is what I'd do to really max the trip) again free camping on BLM Land and legendary trails. Then cut over and drop back into LVNV.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Trip Reports
Post a Reply to "First trip from Mesa to Las Vegas any advice is…"