MTB Project Logo

Biking from Mesa/Phoenix to Las Vegas

Original Post
Zoe Jones · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

This is going to be my first distance trip! I’m taking it over the span of two weeks so that I can take in all of the fun and beauty along the way. This will be the first serious distance trip I’ve ever taken and would love to get some feed back on what routes I could take, what kind of gear and tools I should bring and just in general any advice I can get! Any advice is good advice to me so please feel free to give me the low down especially if you’ve ever done a trip similar to this! 

Sunny regards,

Zoe

Tim McCabe · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Oct 2006 · Points: 0

Zoe there is a ton of info on line. Check out bikepacking.com and .net. Trip reports as well as personal setups. Depending on goals people carry tons of gear using racks and panniers or go super light with bikepacking specific bags. 

Not sure about a set route from Phoenix to LV.

Assuming you are on a mountain bike and looking to ride dirt single track you can head North on the Black Canyon trail. After the BCT get to Prescott,  there are back roads heading NW towards Kingman. However I would suggest pre planning tracing out and having a GPS track. 

Also any time spent in the backcountry comes with risk. Please make sure you have properly prepared yourself and your bike. 

Tim 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Bike & Gear Discussion
Post a Reply to "Biking from Mesa/Phoenix to Las Vegas"