MTB Project Logo

Riding Partner for 5-day haul in San Juans

Original Post
Jeff Nussbaumer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 17

Planning a 5-day tour of South San Juans - southwest Colorado in July. Leaning towards starting on July 5.  Nothing concrete about that date, yet. Here's a quick synopsis of my planned tour.  Start in Lake City - Cinnamon Pass, CA, Hurricane, Corkscrew Pass and Red Pass -- camp;  Day2 - Ride up Black Bear Pass and down to Telluride -n- Wasatch Trail --  camp.  Day3  Ride Wasatch trail to Ophir Pass to Silverton, hostel;  Day 4 Ride over Stony Pass and tackle as much of the Pole -n- Lost Creek Trails as time allows.  Day 5:  Ride Deep Creek Trail or Trout Creek Trail out -n- back or looped to and from the Weimenuche Wilderness boundary.  I'm tweaking the plan and am open to suggestions, but this is what I'm leaning towards as of now.  A little about me:  I've spent 12 years riding the highlands solo and in groups on day and multi-day tours.  I have a preference for riding at elevation - 14ers. Published a book "Ride Along the Divide" on a self-made Continental Divide route, tailored for bikes.  I'm not an expert rider, relatively old now too, but I'm extremely passionate about offroad spinning and willing to try any high altitude trail at least once.  Let me know if you're interested.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Riding Partner for 5-day haul in San Juans"
in the Partners