MTB Project Logo

e-MTB Allowed sort/filter

Original Post
Dave Strothmann · · Pine, CO · Joined Jan 2018 · Points: 0

I know this is still a contentious topic, but it is a fast growing segment of the MTB community, like it or not.  I'd like to quickly be able to filter/sort the trail listing based on e-MTB allowed or not.  A lot of us older retired guys are buying them to get out and get some fresh air and exercise and it would be a nice feature to be able to filter on this as more and more trails are opening access to class 1 e-bikes and we strive to ride only where it's legal.  I live in Colorado and was surprised to see trails in the Colorado State Park system listed with a note that says "Feature: e-MTB Allowed" - (Like the Staunton State Park - Full Clockwise Loop Trail for example) .  Now I'm interested to see where else they may be allowed.

Ben Voytko · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 2,113

Despite my own opinion on ebikes, I do support adding a field to indicate the local trail policy of whether they are allowed or not. I think this could really help avoid issues with users showing up to a trailhead with an e-bike and finding it banned and this way it would be easier to find trails that were accepting of e-bikes. 

Christopher McKim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2018 · Points: 1

Agreed.  SO many people are using this app that I think we should really have a  notification/filter.  It would be a way of providing better information and reducing conflicts.

Aaron Walls · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2017 · Points: 0

I also agree with the e-MTB filter feature. I'd like to see a Dogs Allowed, Dogs On Leash, or No Dogs filter too.

The problem with these filters I imagine is 75% of the trails will come back with a status of Unknown. There is no publicly available database I know of that will tell you these things.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "e-MTB Allowed sort/filter"
in the MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions