MTB Project Logo

Moving to VT HELP

Original Post
John Duston · · Colorado · Joined Mar 2010 · Points: 0

Moving from Colorado out to Vermont but I can't decide on the right town! I am hoping that someone here has some input before I get there... Fellow bikers please help us with guidance! 

My better half and I are both very active outdoors. We have so far looked at two areas but are open to any and all options. Rutland and near Burlington.

Mountain Biking and Skiing are two major priorities. A decent college is also important as one or both of us may be heading back to further education. I prefer to work with outdoor companies (Ski Resorts or Outdoor Retail) which seems available all over VT. Hoping there will be at least one 24 hour restaurant and a 24 hour gym. I am also hoping to get involved in the community to help maintain bike trails.

So, both have mountain biking (although it seems like Rutland may edge out as better because of Killington??? Not sure) and all the criterion that we are looking for. Besides the drastic difference in cost of living what reasons would one town be better than the other? Or is there another town that we are missing out on? 

Thanks in advance and more thanks to come soon. Once I get out there, I am also fun to have a beer with!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Moving to VT HELP"
in the Other Stuff