MTB Project Logo

Felt Z25 - 58 cm - Full Carbon + Sram Red - $850

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: MTB Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Kyle Hill · · Denver, CO · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

This is a road bike, but I thought this would still be a good place to post. The Felt Z25, made in 2009, is an awesome bike from the Felt Z-series. If you're familiar with Felt, the Z-series has ultimately been replaced by their VR series. They made these for a few years as a hybrid between an aggressive racing bike and a endurance road bike. As such, it has turned out to be a perfect bike for those who want something aggressive but with more comfort. Per the felt website:

"Featuring some of the most advanced carbon fiber being used in bicycles, the Z25 is an extremely lightweight and race-ready bike. Comfort and sensitivity is enhanced by the thin-walled carbon fiber tubing of the frame and fork. SRAM's top-shelf Red components give the bike flawless performance each shift, while a careful parts pick including a carbon fiber seatpost and a double-butted handlebar contribute to the bike's excellent performance and low weight.

On one hand you want relaxed comfort, on the other you want blazing speed. This swift steed boasts a feathery ultra-high-modulus carbon frame and fork built with forgiving angles that deliver a more upright riding position for excellent comfort.

I've also changed a few things aftermarket:

-Specialized Toupe Expert Saddle

-Shimano Ultegra pedals

-Bicycle Wheel Warehouse Blackset racing wheels

-Bontrager computer

I just barely (10/3/2017) had it professionally cleaned and tuned up, which included putting on a new chain, so it is 100% ready to ride. I always kept up with maintenance, it was always stored in a temperature controlled garage, and it's never been in an accident. I've put about 5,000 miles on it total. It's in really great shape with just minor cosmetic damages that come from typical riding. The MSRP when these were new was $3499. I'm asking $850 because it's 8 years old. Please no low balls. I've really loved this bike, I've ridden it in 2 LOTOJA's and it's been such a great companion. So comfortable and great performance. I unfortunately don't have the time to ride anymore and my wife doesn't see the need for me to own 3 bikes (she doesn't know that the correct amount of bikes to own = N+1, with N being the number of bikes you currently own). Feel free to text, call or PM. Phone number is (801)660-8119. I live in the Denver Area so anyone in that area is welcome to come take a look. If someone wants me to ship it to them, we can split the shipping cost. 

Here are the specs:

Frame: Felt UHM Modular Carbon Fiber Frame with 3KP Finish. Forged Dropouts & replaceable hanger

Fork: Felt HM 1.3 carbon fiber

Components: SRAM Red, 20 speed

Wheelset: Bicycle Wheel warehouse BlacksetRace

Finish: Gloss White & Clear Carbon

Sizes: 700c x 58

Weight: 17.20 pounds

Shifters: SRAM Red Double Tap, 20 speed

Front Derailleur: SRAM Red braze-on, double

Rear Derailleur: SRAM RED short cage w/ ceramic bearing pulleys

Crankset: SRAM S350 Cold Forged Compact

Brake levers: SRAM RED

Brakes: SRAM Rival Dual Pivot with Cartridge Brake Shoes