MTB Project Logo

Video Upload to Trail Page?

Original Post
Joshua Gragg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

It's obvious how to upload photos to a specific trail page, but how do I upload or link to a video and have it added to a trail page? I've seen some videos mixed in with photos on certain locations, but I can't figure it out. All I get is an upload form that requires a JPG or 600x600 or larger. Thanks

Chris Dunavent · · Oakland, MD · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 29

I've struggled with this too, but think I finally figured it out. The key for me was to find a trail that did not have any photos. Then when I went to add the first photo for that particular trail, I got the option to upload photo OR video. I captured that link here: https://www.mtbproject.com/share/video

Once you provide the link to your video, you can then select (on a map) where it was shot. Of course, it will have to be approved by the editor.

Hope this helps.

Chris Dunavent · · Oakland, MD · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 29

Joshua Gragg · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Thanks man, I'll check that out!

Brian Smith · · Boulder, CO · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 5,540

While the process is admittedly clunky, you can actually add a video from any page on the site (aka you don't need to be on the trail page to add a video to that trail). 

Here's how:

1. Click on your profile picture in the site header (assuming you're logged in)
  2. Click "Share Your Trails" (we know, we know—you're trying to share videos, not trails... bear with us)
  3. The pop-up that appears will have links to share EVERY type of content to MTB Project (trails, photos, symbols AND videos)
  4. Click "Share videos from Youtube or Vimeo"
  5. Paste the link to the video where prompted
  6. Add a caption and star rating, and then move the crosshairs on the map to center the video over your desired trail

TIP: If you navigate to the page of the trail you're trying to add a video to before you start these steps, the map in step 6 will already be centered near that trail.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Photos & Videos
Post a Reply to "Video Upload to Trail Page?"