Give to your favorite local project in IMBA’s Dig In campaign and REI will match all donations up to $25,000!

Trail advice for Durango in late October

Original Post
Robert Buchwald · · Boulder, CO · Joined Sep 2008 · Points: 0

Hi folks,

Not sure where to post this, so I'll try here. I will be headed to Durango the weekend of October 21 for a few days. Any recommendations on trails for that time of year? I'm guessing the stuff in the high country will be snowed in by then. So where to? I hear Cortez is nice...

Thanks in advance!

-Rob

Steve Williams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 28 days ago · Points: 0

Yeah, Phil's World is a blast over in Cortez.

Fritz N. · · Durango, CO · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 0
Robert Buchwald wrote:

Hi folks,

Not sure where to post this, so I'll try here. I will be headed to Durango the weekend of October 21 for a few days. Any recommendations on trails for that time of year? I'm guessing the stuff in the high country will be snowed in by then. So where to? I hear Cortez is nice...

Thanks in advance!

-Rob

We'll have plenty of stuff for you to ride! Check https://www.trails2000.org/trail-conditions/ to see what's in. If the CT at Molas Pass and Engineer Mountain Trail are indeed snowed in, there's plenty of low-elevation riding to be had in town.

I'm planning to bikepack the Kokopelli Trail that weekend, but feel free to shoot me a PM if you want more beta.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply