Full Screen Mode

Original Post
Matt Laufer · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 73

Full screen mode no longer works the way it used to. Full screen mode used to go full screen WITHIN the browser tab. This was super unique to this app, and really awesome because then you could swtich between full screen tabs in your browser. Now it just goes full screen an supersedes the browser window. Not really fan as it limits flexibility because you now have to go in and out of full screen mode. Bummer.

Nate CO · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

I can't get it to go into full screen at all which is a real bummer and limits the usefullness of the site.  How did you get it into any sort of full screen map mode??

Nate CO wrote:

I can't get it to go into full screen at all which is a real bummer and limits the usefullness of the site.  How did you get it into any sort of full screen map mode??

Top left corner, button with the four arrows.

Matt

Nate CO · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 0

I have no such button appearing on my page.  Then I had a hunch and opened it with Internet Explorer instead of Firefox and the button appeared.  Might be a bug for the MTB Project folks.  

Perry Shipman · · Lakeside, CA · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Pretty hard to fire off Internet Explorer on my iMac   

Full screen was one of the best newish features in the project ... is the loss of this because of moving to MapBox?

I'm having new problems with full screen mode. It looks like you are working on adding some features to the embedded maps that were there then went away. In any case full screen mode now loads a half blank screen in all major browsers on my mac running sierra. Thanks.

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 9,386
Matt Laufer wrote:

I'm having new problems with full screen mode. It looks like you are working on adding some features to the embedded maps that were there then went away. In any case full screen mode now loads a half blank screen in all major browsers on my mac running sierra. Thanks.

Thanks Matt, hopefully back to working correctly now.

Nick Wilder wrote:

Thanks Matt, hopefully back to working correctly now.

Thanks. Any chance of returning the functionality where the full-screen is contained within the browser tab rather than taking over the entire screen? It's a far better user experience being able to toggle between multiple full screen maps.

Matt

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 9,386

I definitely get your point, and had similar frustration at first, but we think the benefits of the system win out.  Thanks for the feedback.  We're looking at adding things to the full-screen view (such as the elevation profile).  Maybe that will help?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm guessing that mapbox doesn't support the feature and that's that? If it could be road mapped  that would be awesome!

It's really nice when planning a mult-day mtb vacation with several rides planned to easily toggle between full screen views of each ride. Compared to entering full screen mode then exiting full screen between each map, the full screen within browser tab is far more elegant of an execution and like I mentioned before a far better user experience. So to answer your question. . .  including more information in full screen mode won't address this issue at all.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply