Give to your favorite local project in IMBA’s Dig In campaign and REI will match all donations up to $25,000!
MTB Project Logo

Instructions needed to get a recorded trail from an iphone to share.

Original Post
Mark Hardies · · NPR, FL · Joined Nov 2016 · Points: 0

I have recorded a new trail that we have developed on the MTB app on my iphone. However, I can not find any way of getting it from my iphone to upload on to the website. If someone could help me out with detailed instuctions I would appreciate it.

Ben Voytko · · Pittsburgh, PA · Joined May 2013 · Points: 2,047

If you're logged in to MTB Project website (if not, look for a sign in box at the top right of the main page). 

Click your profile pic on the top of the main page and select 'Your Profile'. 

You should see a list of "Recorded GPS Tracks". Click the one you want to load a trail from.

You'll see your trail overlayed on the map. Click 'Share on MTB Project' button on the right sidebar. 

It will then take you to the trail editor where you can crop and then add details in the next step.

After you enter the details and submit the trail, it will be reviewed by moderators. You should get an email confirming that this was accepted or needs correction / additional validation from the moderators within a week or two depending on how busy they are at the time.  It will be visible on the website while under review, but not on the app until approved by moderators.

Andrew McInally · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 145

Hey Ben, I'm trying to post some trails from Australia as there's almost none on the app. I've followed your instructions but there's no "post" button once I see the trail overlayed on the map. Any thoughts? I've emailed mtbp but no reply as yet. Cheers. 

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 9,436

Hey Andrew.  Go to your personal page here: https://www.mtbproject.com/user/200050186/andrew-mcinally

At the top are the GPS tracks you're recorded.  Click one, and on that page you can click "Share on MTB Project."  Hope that helps!

Russ Scott · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

I'm using MTB project on an Android phone and I'm logged on but I can't record a ride.  My buddy with an iPhone has an option to record a ride, but I can't seem to find a way to enable this functionality.   Can anyone help or confirm that Android doesn't have this option?

Thanks , Russ

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply