Great Brook Farm State Park

Original Post
Ranger Dane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 118

Hi there everyone, Sorry in advance if this is the wrong board for this kind of thing. I'm the Ranger over at Great Brook Farm State Park, in Carlisle Massachusetts, and I'm looking to update my park's MTBP guide. A visitor brought this site to my attention and mentioned that there weren't many trail pictures. I noticed a trail or two missing from the list on its page, and I'd like to upload more images of the trails. Is this kind of editing something anybody can do, or do I need to go through a particular channel? Thanks in advance!

Zander Göpfert · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 4,222

Hi Ranger Dane,

Thanks for reaching out! You can add photos and new trails using the "Share Your Trails" link found by clicking the user icon in the upper right corner of any page. If you have further issues with that, please send an email to content@mtbproject.com and our Trail Content Team would be more than happy to help. 

If you ever have a new GPS track for a trail that is already on the site but doesn't look accurate, please send those as attachments to content@mtbproject.com and we can easily swap in a new track while maintaining the trail page as it currently exists.

Thanks! 

Ranger Dane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 118

Thanks for the info Zander.  I uploaded 5 images of the Lantern Loop at my park and added some dog-walker info to the trail page.  Since it's my first contribution, I'd appreciate some feedback.  Too many/few images, are they of the right things, etc?

Here is the link: https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/4466853/lantern-loop

Also, I noticed a small part of the trail is missing on that map.  Is there any way I can edit that to fix it?

Check out my work on this newly mapped/imaged novice trail, the Litchfield Loop: https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7028835/litchfield-loop?search=1&type=trail&method=dropdown&query=litchfield%20loop

It's still under review.

Zander Göpfert · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 4,222

That's great, Dane, thanks for adding those photos. 

As far as feedback goes, I think photos are typically a helpful way to prepare for a ride by knowing what the area looks like, what the trail tread looks like, and getting a general sense for what to expect. That said, if a system is particularly confusing, sometimes it's nice to have photos at tricky intersections but, in general, I don't think photos are typically used for navigation purposes. With that in mind, the ones you added are great - they show the general area, some stretches of trail, and help show folks who have never been on the Lantern Loop what they might encounter. 

To make edits to any fully approved trail or ride on the site, look for the "Improve This Page" link above the photo carousel. This will allow you to "check out" a trail or ride like a book from a library for a few hours to update the GPS track and any of the descriptive content. 

I'll message you under the Litchfield Loop submission if I have any feedback for that one specifically. Thanks, again! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply