MTB Project Logo

Download GPX file directly to computer?

Original Post
Kent Drummond · · Divide, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

I see the website has a procedure to download a GPX file to a mobile.  Is there any way to download the file directly to a computer?  I don't have a smartphone, but would like to be able to get the file and then load it into my GPS using BaseCamp or DeLorme Topo 10.0

Ken DeRose · · Parker, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Kent, when I click the "GPX file" link within the "Overview" section of a listed ride, the .gpx file automatically gets downloaded to my computer and can be found in my computer's "Downloads" folder.  

Hi Ken, Thanks for the response.  Of the trails I've looked at, only one has an "Overview" button, and it is non-responsive.  The others don't have an "Overview" button, so there's nothing to get.  I'll just take your word for the files going to the "Downloads" folder, when/if I find a trail that has that feature active.

Hi again Ken.  Got it!  A slow Internet seems to have been the culprit, but the procedure works fine.  Thanks for your help.  Kent

Jeremy Bridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2017 · Points: 4

How do you download a .gox on a mobile device?

Zander Göpfert · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 2,514

Hey Jeremy,

Downloading .gpx files can only be done on the site through a web browser. That said, you can still do that using a mobile device, but it looks like the file will download as a .xml. Maybe someone else can chime in about how to use that .xml file successfully on a mobile device.

Best,
Zander

F. Felix · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 1,251

In case anyone is still trying to sort this out, Bike GPX is a nice, simple little app. You upload a GPX file from your computer to their site, then add it to your iPhone by photographing a QR code from the computer screen. Pretty slick and easy way to get a route onto your phone.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions
Post a Reply to "Download GPX file directly to computer?"