Adventure Projects is hiring an Android engineer to join us in Boulder, CO
MTB Project Logo

Download GPX file directly to computer?

Original Post
Kent Drummond · · Divide, CO · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 0

I see the website has a procedure to download a GPX file to a mobile.  Is there any way to download the file directly to a computer?  I don't have a smartphone, but would like to be able to get the file and then load it into my GPS using BaseCamp or DeLorme Topo 10.0

Ken DeRose · · Parker, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Kent, when I click the "GPX file" link within the "Overview" section of a listed ride, the .gpx file automatically gets downloaded to my computer and can be found in my computer's "Downloads" folder.  

Hi Ken, Thanks for the response.  Of the trails I've looked at, only one has an "Overview" button, and it is non-responsive.  The others don't have an "Overview" button, so there's nothing to get.  I'll just take your word for the files going to the "Downloads" folder, when/if I find a trail that has that feature active.

Hi again Ken.  Got it!  A slow Internet seems to have been the culprit, but the procedure works fine.  Thanks for your help.  Kent

David Luiz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined 15 hours ago · Points: 0

GPX file downloading error is showing while performing it on my computer. I thought it is a virus issue so contacted K7 Antivirus Customer Support as Kaspersky is installed on my PC. Just needed to update the firewall and disable few extensions from my browser. Worked fine after that.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "Download GPX file directly to computer?"
in the MTB Project Feedback & Suggestions