MTB Project Logo

Mellow CO Front Range Trail Recommendations?

Original Post
Nicole W · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I'm an intermediate rider, still relatively new to mountain biking.  I'm looking for trails in the CO Front Range area where I can cover distance without a ton of technical sections.  My husband is a passionate mountain biker and he loves riding together, even if it means we tend to avoid rock gardens, drops, and exposure.  I have enjoyed Betasso and look forward to going back there once things dry out.  The bottom section of Mathews Winters is also a lot of fun, but the Red Rocks side is far beyond my comfort level.  I can ride a lot of Alderfer/3 Sisters, but it kicks my butt and is at the outer edge of my capabilities, and there is plenty there that I have to walk.  We go to Moab often, and my favorite trails there are Monitor Merrimac and the network of trails at Dead Horse Point State Park.  I would love to do White Rim someday.

I would love to expand my repertoire and would really appreciate any recommendations for fun, mellow trails on the Front Range.  Thanks!

Ken DeRose · · Parker, CO · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 0

Nicole, I'm also fairly new to mountain biking and know where you're coming from when you mention the technical nature of trails near the Front Range.  I've found that riding around Denver typically involves rocky trails, steep climbing, and technical terrain.  You'll probably like Lair O' the Bear, definitely Buffalo Creek (a must), Green Mountain, and Centennial Cone, just to name a few.  The best way for you to find the best trails for your ability is to scroll around the map on the MTBProject home page and look for green, green/blue, and blue rated Featured Rides and trails in the right column.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Training Wheels
Post a Reply to "Mellow CO Front Range Trail Recommendations?"